from It’s Going Down
Long-running anarchist radio show and podcast The Final Straw speaks with Kyle Missouri, a resident of the Winnemucca Indian Colony in Humboldt County, Nevada.
Listen and Download HERE
On Tuesday, December 13th, I spoke with Kyle Missouri, a resident of the Winnemucca Indian Colony in Humboldt County, Nevada where a longstanding conflict between residents and the Winnemucca Tribal Council has come to a head recently with the evictions of elders, youths, and other residents into the snow. We talk about his family’s roots in the Indian Colony, some background on the place and the conflict with the so-called Roja Council, the contested lithium mine at Thacker Pass and the court challenge to evictions, banishment and house demolition this Thursday, 12/15/22. Check our show notes for links to other sources of information, ways you can show up and places you can donate.
- You can follow Kyle on facebook under the name Kyle Missourii (like the state with an extra ‘I’ at the end)
- Also see interviews with Elders who’ve been evicted and updates on Instagram at @Neweneensokopa
- Learn more about background and legal support by following Water Protector Legal Collective on social media and more at linktr.ee/waterprotectorlegal
- And donate to the cashapp for supporting displaced families at $defendWIC. They’re looking for more lawyers who can support the efforts as well as journalists who can be on the ground and talking about this situation or reaching out for interviews.
- You can watch the court hearing this Thursday linked in the latest update at Water Protector Legal Collective’s website, waterprotectorlegal.org
- Kyle’s recent interview with The B&B Indigenous Podcast (appearing about an hour 8 minutes in)